It seems that after uninstalling AOL, many people experience an issue with Internet Explorer (version 6 and 7) that causes source code to be printed instead of the normal page view. If you are trying to print from Internet Explorer and are only getting cryptic code, instead of the page view you expect, try the following:
- Download Internet Explorer here: //www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx. Save the file to your desktop.
- Click your Start button and then the “Run…” button.
- Copy this: %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe and paste it into the Run dialog box. Press enter.
- The Internet Explorer uninstall wizard will now run. Follow its prompts.
- Be sure to restart your computer after the uninstall has completed.
- Once your computer reboots, double-click on the file we downloaded in step 1.
- Follow the prompts to reinstall Internet Explorer.
- Once Internet Explorer is reinstalled, restart your computer again.
Once your PC reboots, the print function of Internet Explorer should work as expected.