Technology Advice by Ryan Taylor Adams

Replacing the Flasher Unit of a Chrysler Sebring

November 6th, 2007 · 1 Comment · Printer Friendly Version


While I make an effort to update older posts to keep them relevant and technically accurate, the rapidly changing nature of the tech world makes it possible that the content of this post may no longer be relevant, current, or even accurate. Additionally, because of this post's age, adding new comments has been disabled. If you would like to contribute new information to this post, or have questions pertaining to this post, please use the Contact Form.

If your turn signals are not behaving as expected (such as blinking too fast/too slow) chances are your flasher unit has gone bad. If your turn signals don’t work at all, the flasher unit could be the culprit, but be sure to check your fuses first. Replacing the flasher unit is very easy. Just follow these steps:

  1. Remove the steering column shroud by removing the two screw located on the underside of the steering column.
  2. Once the screws are loose, you can separate and remove the top and bottom shroud pieces. This will reveal the flasher unit.
  3. Remove the flasher unit (the yellow box) by pulling it strait out towards the front of the car (away from the steering wheel).
  4. You’ll need to get a replacement unit online or at a auto parts store. The device should cost about $12. Most stores will be able to find the part for you if you give them your car’s make and model, but it is also a good idea to have the numbers written on the original flasher unit handy for comparison.
  5. Once you get the new flasher unit, just work in reverse to reassemble your steering column. That’s it!

While I wrote this guide based on my experience with a 1997 Sebring Convertible, most cars are constructed the same way. You can usually consult your owner’s manual or the Internet to find the location of your car’s flasher unit.

1 response so far ↓

  • 1 nick // Mar 26, 2008 at 8:20 PM

    Thx great job. I have the 96Jxi.