If your CD/DVD/BD drive is not working, and its status is listed as “Code 41″ in device manager, there is a good chance a simple registry edit can fix the issue. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to your Start menu and click “Run…”
- In the Run box that opens, type “regedit” and press Enter.
- In the new window that opens, navigate the tree in the left pane until you are at:
- In the right pane of the window, you should see an “UpperFilters” key.
- Right-click the “UpperFilters” key an select “Delete”. Respond “Yes” to the confirmation prompt.
- You should also see a “LowerFilters” key in the right pane.
- Delete the “LowerFilters” key.
- Restart your computer.
If you found this post helpful, please consider making a donation to help cover the costs of this site: